26th March 2020
Wow your guests with these 6 great ideas
If you’re just starting in Airbnb, or you want to get better reviews, then here’s a handy guide on how to do just that!
It’s no secret that a well-designed Airbnb will attract more guests than one which looks like it was furnished in the 1990s. Make sure you research before you start redesigning your space and bare these things in mind:
- Don’t be afraid to furnish with all things bold and bright
- Mix up textures and colours
- Add greenery and flowers to your Airbnb
- Make sure your Airbnb smells amazing
- Make use of second-hand stores!
- Upgrade old carpet and flooring
Check out this previous article for more useful tips on how to brush up on your interior design.
What’s the point of having a beautifully designed Airbnb, if you aren’t able to accurately represent it in photographs? You should take 20-30 photographs on a quality camera, either photographic camera or mobile is fine, and make sure your Airbnb is set up properly and has good natural lighting.
Quality linens and towels
There’s nothing better than slipping into a warm and comfortable bed, so make sure you go for quality linens and towels. A good rule of thumb is giving your guest two regular towels, a hand towel, and a washcloth per every two days, for each guest, and a sheet per visit (if it’s a short visit). There are many different options when it comes to different sheets, so make sure to check out this article for the pros and cons of each. As for towels, we would recommend a darker colour cotton towel, because this avoids stains and the material is hypo-allergenic.
An Airbnb house manual
An Airbnb house manual should be the go-to thing guests look at when it comes to learning how your property runs and also what is worth visiting in the local area. To write the perfect Airbnb manual, follow this structure:
- Write a welcome note about the property and features
- Leave around 3 different contacts in an obvious place
- Following this, include the WIFI details
- Include rules for the property and check-in details
- Include some great places to eat
- As well as food, include other local attractions
- Bus and train schedules are a great thing to include
- Emergency details such as local doctors and hospitals are crucial
- Anything extra, like parking or instructions for Netflix, etc
A catchy Airbnb title and description
It only takes a couple of seconds for people to decide whether they are interested in an online advertisement or not, so you have to make sure you grab their attention! To do this, make sure you use all the characters available, abbreviate words, and showcase your room’s best features. For a winning description, make sure to keep it brief but include key details about every room, special features and amenities, and transport options.
If you’ve got amazing amenities, make sure your guests know this. Guests are sure to be impressed by welcome gifts, Netflix, toys, books, and washers/dryers. Depending on your budget, and the time you want to spend on your Airbnb, check out this article.
In conclusion, here is a list of some things you can do to wow your guest’s socks off! Stick to these ideas, and you’re sure to get some amazing reviews.
Written by Lauren Middleton