20th February 2020
Choosing Airbnb sheets for a good night’s sleep
Sleep, or the lack thereof, is an important decider for whether a guest has a good experience at your Airbnb property (and leaves a good review) or has a bad experience. So to ensure your guest has the best possible sleep, great sheets are a must! So to begin, let’s go over the types of sheets available.
What sheets are the best for Airbnb?
There is no shortage of options when it comes to choosing sheets for your Auckland Airbnb property, so today we’re going to put a few of the options in a head to head, and let you decide which sheet will take out the top spot!
- Most cotton sheets are breathable and temperature regulating. Therefore they will keep guests cool in warmer climates and warm in colder climates.
- Good quality cotton sheets can become softer and more comfortable the more times they are washed and used.
- There is a cotton sheet available for every person, no matter your budget, style, or bed size.
- There are variations of these sheets like warm flannel, or cool percale sheets.
- Cotton is prone to wrinkling, so it can take extra effort to make it look nice.
- Cheap cotton may not last very long as it does wear and tear.
- These sheets can take a bit of time to break-in.
A great example of cotton sheets is 500 thread 100% cotton sheets. These sheets can last a very long time, wear well, and are industry standard so they can be matched easily. However, these sheets may be too warm for hotter climates. Egyptian cotton sheets also make great bedfellows as they are high-quality, smooth, and soft.
These synthetic sheets are often cheaper than regular sheets and repel stains and water.
- Because of the micro nature of the fibers, these sheets repel stains and water, so they get less dirty than other sheets
- These sheets also keep colours and patterns vibrant. So if you’re the kind of person that wants their Airbnb to look like an art gallery, then this might be the best type of sheet for you.
- Microfiber is hypoallergenic, but it’s also budget-friendly. What a win-win!
- Polyester microfibre sheets are wrinkle-free which is perfect because nobody likes a wrinkly sheet.
- These sheets wear over time and will have to be replaced more often than other types of sheets.
- Unfortunately, these sheets are made of synthetic fibers, not natural materials. So hosts, or certain guests, may prefer a more natural approach to bedding.
- Shockingly these fibers can conduct electricity. So, your guests may not enjoy being shocked every time they get in and out of bed.
Bamboo may not be the first thing you think of when you think of sheets, but these sheets have become very popular over recent years due to its extraordinary uses and properties.
- Bamboo sheets are as soft as a cloud.
- These sheets are also breathable, so they can allow heat to move throughout and keep you cool at night.
- These sheets are also hypoallergenic and reduce moisture getting in, which means there is less exposure to dust mites and mildew.
- If you want durable sheets, these sheets will provide some serious tough love.
- Because of all these characteristics, and the fact this material is relatively new, they tend to be on the pricier side.
- There are many different types and qualities of bamboo sheets, and if you buy bamboo sheets that are not entirely natural, they can be less effective.
Another cotton-based material, flannel sheets are warm and cozy like their t-shirt equivalent.
- Flannel bed sheets are like a warm hug, cozy and inviting.
- These sheets have a lovely fuzziness from the material which is very comfortable to sleep in.
- These sheets are not suited for those who live in warm climates because they are too warm.
- The thicker texture and heaviness of the material also means they cleaning and drying time will be increased.
Silk is a material that is one of the best insulators so it can keep your guests cool or warm, depending on the climate.
- This hypoallergenic material will resist all that yucky stuff including dust mites, mold, and mildew!
- This bed absorbs moisture to leave skin feeling soft for a beauty treatment and sheet all in one!
- Silk is a troublesome fabric, it takes more effort to care for because silk sheets like to be hand washed.
- Not everyone enjoys the skin feel because it has a slippery feel.
- High-quality silk sheets could end up costing you a pretty penny- or over $500 worth of pennies, to be exact.
How many sheets should you have?
We’ve all heard the saying that good things come in threes, and this is true for bed sheets. The best number of sheets is 2-3 sheets per bed. This allows one to be on the bed, one to be in the washing, and one to be in the closet at the same time.
What colour is best for my sheets?
Although stains show up clearly in white sheets, they are still the best bet when choosing sheet colour. This is because they look clean, fresh, and inviting. These sheets also look fantastic in photographs and will go with any furnishings or colour scheme.
So now you know the pros and cons of different sheet types, as well as the number of sheets needed and the best colours, you can make an informed decision about what sheets to buy for your Airbnb property. Alternatively, you can leave this in the capable hands of Zodiak Management, who has high-quality linen that you can use, as well as a whole range of other services.
Written by Lauren Middleton