21st July 2023
The Top 10 Airbnb Experiences in New Zealand: From Wine Tasting to Hiking
In New Zealand, you’ll find some of the most distinctive and fascinating Airbnb experiences, a country in its own right. Whether you’re a resident looking for new experiences or arranging a vacation to the country for the first time, you should enjoy some lovely Airbnb activities. These are the top 10 experiences to think about:
1. Explore the Waitomo Glowworm Caves: New Zealand’s Waitomo Glowworm Caves are a must-see tourist destination. They are on the North Island, roughly two hours south of Auckland, and were created by underground rivers chiseling through the pliable limestone rock over millions of years. Entering the caves will take you to a magical realm where you can be amazed at the countless glow worms that fill them with light.
2. Experience M?ori culture: With a cultural performance, hangi feast, and guided tour, you may fully experience the rich traditions of the Mori people. Indigenous to New Zealand, the Mori people have a distinct and fascinating culture that is well worth researching. Understanding the history and customs of the Mori people can be accomplished by attending a cultural performance, which typically consists of singing, dancing, and storytelling. Aside from other dances depicting stories of love, death, and the natural world, you’ll likely see the haka, a traditional Mori war dance.
3. Experience M?ori culture: With a cultural performance, hangi feast, and guided tour, you may fully experience the rich traditions of the Mori people. Indigenous to New Zealand, the Mori people have a distinct and fascinating culture that is well worth researching. Understanding the history and customs of the Mori people can be accomplished by attending a cultural performance, which typically consists of singing, dancing, and storytelling. Aside from other dances depicting stories of love, death, and the natural world, you’ll likely see the haka, a traditional Mori war dance.
4. Learn to surf in Raglan: The surf breakers in Raglan are world-class, and this program will teach you the fundamentals of surfing in a secure and enjoyable setting. All skill levels are welcome to participate in this activity, and the instructors are qualified to give each participant individualized attention.
5. Hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing: One of the most well-liked day walks in New Zealand, this strenuous hike takes you through breathtaking volcanic landscapes and past emerald lakes. Bring lots of water, snacks, and sunscreen because the 19.4 km (12 miles) long hike takes, on average, 7-8 hours to accomplish. Because the weather might change quickly, check the forecast before you arrive and wear layers of clothing. Even if it’s warm as you begin the ascent, it could get cool and windy as you climb.
6. Explore Milford Sound by kayak: Get up close and personal with imposing waterfalls, lush rainforest, and playful wildlife as you paddle through the clear waters of Milford Sound. Milford Sound’s serene and quiet water makes it the ideal location for kayaking, even for beginners. Intimate and peaceful surroundings surround you as you navigate the sound, including high mountains and dense jungle.
7. Take a scenic flight over Mount Cook: A beautiful flight over the Southern Alps will give you a bird’s-eye view of New Zealand’s tallest mountain’s spectacular splendor. The highest peak in New Zealand, Mount Cook, also known as Aoraki in Mori, rises to a dizzying height of 3,724 meters.
8. Visit Queenstown and go bungee jumping: Bungy jumping is among the most thrilling activities offered in Queenstown, known as New Zealand’s adventure capital. The renowned AJ Hackett Bungy is one of many bungee jumping companies in Queenstown. Research each provider to get the one that best satisfies your requirements and price range. The world’s first commercial bungee jumping location, Kawarau Bridge Bungy, is only a short drive from Queenstown. You’ll be able to jump the breathtaking Kawarau River over a 43-meter high.
9. Marlborough wine tasting: In the Marlborough region of New Zealand, you’ll find some of its top wineries noted for their premium wines. Marlborough wine tasting is a popular activity. On a guided tour, savor some of the finest wines while learning about winemaking. Marlborough is conveniently placed near the top of the South Island of New Zealand and is reachable by vehicle and airplane. In this area, they produce grape varieties. (Pinot noir, chardonnay, and Riesling, even though being known for its Sauvignon Blanc)
10. Soak in a hot spring: Natural hot springs abound in New Zealand, and this excursion will take you to one of the most stunning and remote locations for a soothing bath in the warm waters. The ones at Rotorua, Hanmer Springs, and the Coromandel Peninsula are a few of New Zealand’s most well-known hot springs. Visit the Maruia Hot Springs if you want a more private experience.
Visitors can choose from many distinctive Airbnb experiences in New Zealand. There is something for everyone, from visiting the Waitomo Glowworm Caves to relaxing in a natural hot spring. Therefore, include some of these incredible activities on your itinerary if you consider visiting New Zealand.
If you’re an Airbnb host trying to improve or diversify your offers, consider adding some top experiences to your listings. The chance to experience something novel and exciting while visiting will be valued by future visitors. Better to highlight these experiences as tourist attractions by foreigners and businesspeople seeking to invest in New Zealand’s tourism sector. These opportunities allow locals to find new locations to visit and explore their neighborhoods.